Scottish Football Historical Archive
East Neuk Junior League
Formed in 1908, the East Neuk Junior League covered the south-eastern part of Fife.
It was re-formed in October 1919 the participating clubs being St Monanís Swifts, Anstruther Comrades, Pittenweem Hearts, Colinsburgh, Crail Aerodrome, Crail Union and Elie. Although they played in a league competition it was never finished. On Wednesday 14th January 1920 a meeting was held to reform the East Neuk Junior League under Scottish Junior rules and to place the league under the administration of the SFA. The Earl of Lindsay presented a trophy (Lindsay Cup) to the league to be played for. The teams that took part were St Monanís Swifts, Pittenweem Hearts, Colinsburgh Comrades, Anstruther Comrades, Crail Union and Elie. The first games took place on Saturday 24 January 1920. St Monanís Swifts were champions in 1919-20 and 1920-21, losing only one game in the two seasons. In season 1921-22 Pittenweem Hearts and St Monanís Swifts entered all cup competitions under the Fife Junior Association, with St Monanís Swifts reaching the final of the Fife Junior Cup. 1921-22 was the last season of the East Neuk Junior League with all clubs joining the East of Fife Junior League in season 1922-23. Pittenweem and St Monanís Swifts both folded as junior clubs at the end of season 1923-24 although St Monanís Swifts continued as juveniles until the East Neuk Amateur League was formed in 1930.
Source: John Aitken, William Fyall.
1908-09 Leslie Hearts
1909-10 Buckhaven Hearts
1910-11 Leslie Hearts
1911-12 Leslie Hearts
1912-13 Leslie Hearts
1913-14 Leslie Hearts
1914-15 Leslie Hearts
1915-16 Colinsburgh United
1916-1919† no competition
1919-20 [first edition]† unfinished
1919-20 [second edition] St Monanís Swifts
1920-21 St Monanís Swifts